Today I’ll do the tag where I answer 21 questions about myself.
I’ve seen this in quite a few blogs, and I thought it would be a nice idea to do this as well so you guys can know a little bit more about me! I think the more personal you get with your readers, the better :)
I got this from Holly’s blog, so go check her out as well!
Here we go…
1. Are you named after anyone? I don’t think so, but I do remember my mum saying that one day she was in the doctor’s waiting room and she saw a lady filling out a load of papers with her daughter’s name, which was ‘Isis’. So I guess that inspired my mum and dad to name me ‘Ysis’.
2. When was the last time you cried? I don’t normally cry that much… Probably a month or two ago. I hope you don’t think I’m too insensitive! :)
3. Do you have kids? No.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Yeah! But I’d be careful to wait a few hours after I wake up to talk to me.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Uh… Yeah. Maybe more than I should! But only with people that know me really well.
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? I don’t think so. I don’t really have a death wish, and I can think of at least 100 things that would make me feel alive and get my adrenaline going without having to throw myself off a bridge.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? Frosties. Yum!
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Eyes are very important to me, and if someone is talking to me and not making eye contact, I get very annoyed! But in general I tend to look at the person as a whole – features, style, hair, behaviour.
9. What is your eye colour? Brown.
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Scary movies with a great storyline and an unexpected twist in the end, but if it’s just a plain simple scary movie, I’d rather see happy endings.
11. Favorite smells? Fresh meat, petrol, Chanel No 5.
12. Summer or winter? Winter. I was born and raised living and breathing summer all year long, so winter is a bit more appealing to me!
13. Computer or television? Computer – I can watch TV on the computer, but not the other way around.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I’m the furthest away I’ve been from home now that I’m living in the UK.
15. Do you have any special talents? I think I’m quite good with languages. I was also a gymnast for over 8 years, but I can’t really do much these days! I’m getting old…
16. Where were you born? Brazil.
17. What are your hobbies? Translating subtitles, watching TV shows, learning anything new, compulsively shopping, researching and writing about beauty and fashion on my blog and on a weekly column in a newspaper, relaxing at home with my family.
18. Do you have any pets? No, but I’m dying to get a puppy!
19. Favorite movie? The list is a lot bigger, but for the sake of brevity: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Usual Suspects, Closer, The Prestige, The Holiday, The Shawshank Redemption.
20. Do you have any siblings? Yes… One older sister and one younger brother.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Successful! That includes both my professional and personal lives.
I think that’s the end of it!
I tag anyone who hasn’t done this and who wants to do it :)