NEW POSTS – SUBSCRIBE HERE
NEW VIDEOS – SUBSCRIBE HERE
I started this blog in June 2011 after having spent too many hours reading blogs and watching vlogs; I loved the idea of having a place to talk about my favourite products and connecting with likeminded people. I’ve always been a bit of a shopaholic, but before blogging, I constantly bought the wrong things because I didn’t have any guidance on what to buy, so I like the idea that through my blog, I can help other people shop more responsibly, recommend best buys and maybe help people save a few pennies here and there. I also love doing makeup and hair tutorials on techniques that I’ve learnt along the way, but I’m not professionally trained, so I stick to more simple looks and everyday styles. Most recently, I have started incorporating more lifestyle posts into my blog and documenting my journey through pregnancy and motherhood.
My blog has done me proud on the Brazilian, British and International scenes. Here are some of its achievements:
- Shortlisted in the 2012 Cosmopolitan Blog Awards – Best New Beauty Blog;
- Joined Handpicked Media Collective in September 2012;
- Member of Best British Bloggers;
- Joined Handpicked Community in October 2011;
- Featured on the Joliebox ‘The Week in Blogposts #19’ blog post – here;
- Featured on The Sunday Girl ‘Behind The Makeup Bag’ blog post (August 2012) – here;
- Featured on the Joliebox ‘The Week in Blogposts #9’ blog post – here;
- Ranked #55 Top UK Beauty Bloggers on Bloglovin.
- Featured as a Guest Blogger on the Good Value From Money blog (November 2012);
- Featured as a Guest Blogger on the Elf Blog (January 2013) – here;
- Ranked #23 Top 100 Beauty Blogs to Follow in 2013 – here;
- Featured on the Cosmopolitan ‘Cosmo Beauty Fest’ as an influential beauty blogger – here;
- Featured on Bella Magazine, May 2013 issue – here;
- Ranked #29 Top 50 Beauty Blogs 2013 – here;
- Joined Glam Media in June 2013;
- Featured as a Beauty Expert on Avon Beauty Clinic – here;
- Shortlisted in the 2013 Cosmopolitan Blog Awards – Best Vlog;
- Shortlisted in the 2014 Cosmopolitan Blog Awards – Best Established Beauty Blog;
FAQ About The Blog
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
This blog was originally called Le Beauty Group; adding the french article ‘Le’ was just a way to make my blog name more memorable amongst the hundreds of thousands of blogs out there. A bit later, I decided to change my blog name to Le Beauty Girl to reflect the fact that there’s only one person writing this blog. Over the years, as I grew with my blog, I felt the need to rebrand to something that represented more of my many interests in life. If you want to read about why & how my blog came to being named Ysis Lorenna, I explain everything on this blog post.
2. Who designed your blog?
The main design that you see was done by me, including my Header. It was a gradual process of trial and error, but I have no professional web designing skills; everything I know I learned from Mr. Google! At the start of 2013, I hired a web designer (Faye) to help me move my blog from Blogger to WordPress and she added some very cool features to my blog, so I guess it’s a collaboration between me and Faye.
3. What camera do you use for your blog photos & videos?
All my photos before 5 November 2011 were taken with my old iPhone and a Panasonic Lumix TZ8. After that, I used a Canon 1100D DSLR until I upgraded to a Canon 600D DSLR in February 2012, and in March 2014 I upgraded again to a Canon 70D DSLR. I alternate between a Canon 18-55mm STM lens, a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens and a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 lens. Sometimes I post pictures that I took with my iPhone, but that doesn’t happen very often. I have no professional photography skills, everything I know I learned through experience and on the internet.
4. How do you edit your photos & videos?
I’m a part of the Channel Mum team, subscribe for the honest face of parenting. For all video advertising enquiries please contact email@example.com For videos from me and other great parenting vloggers visit www.channelmum.com. Please check out my page on the Channel Mum website.
If you have any other questions, drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org