I can’t believe it’s already the end of the month… which means it’s time for my ‘June Favourites’. Yay!
Since this is my first ever favourites of the month series, I’ve selected quite a lot of things. I’ve divided them into sections to make it easier for your guys to browse through. So without further ado, here are my June Favourites:
Makeup: Cheeks and Lips
1. Benefit Bella Bamba: Lovely bright pink blush! I only got this a week ago, but I’m already in love with it. It goes really well with my skin tone and it’s such a gorgeous colour for summer.
2. Benefit High Beam: Pink champagne highlighter. This is not at all a new product, but I bought it for the first time recently and it’s absolutely perfect to give you that extra glow! All you need is three little dots on your cheekbones, blend it all and voilà: your face brightens up and catches the light perfectly!
3. Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder: This is such a gorgeous bronzer; it gives you just the right amount of colour to contour your face or to add some depth on the hollows of your cheeks. And of couse, it looks and smells amazing!
4. Benefit Benetint: Another Benefit product, I know, but what can I do, they are all really good! This has been my favourite lip product for the past 3 weeks. It gives you naturally rosy lips, and because it is a lip stain, it lasts longer than a normal lipstick, lip balm or lip gloss. Love this!
Makeup: Skin Prep, Concealer and Mascara
1. No. 7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser: Since it’s (supposed to be) summer here in the UK and I don’t like wearing a heavy foundation on my skin at this time of year, this product has been a life saver for my skin. I’m absolutely in love with it! Since I’ve already reviewed it in a previous blog post, I won’t bore you anymore with the details, so click HERE for a full review.
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: The reason why I chose this instead of MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot, is because the Primer Potion has no pigmentation to it, and so it gives a much softer base for applying eyeshadows when you want a more natural look. As I said before, for me, Summer equals low maintenance and natural makeup.
3. Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara Ultra Volumateur: I didn’t even know I had this mascara until about a week ago, and boy, was I missing a treat! This is the perfect mascara: it gives your volume, it doesn’t clump and it separates your eyelashes brilliantly! I can use it on my top and bottom lashes and it looks perfect. Definitely a must-have!
5. Bourjois Healthy Mix: Another recent purchase but now I know I can’t live without it. It’s the most ‘undetectable’ concealer I’ve ever used and it completely hides the dark circles under my eyes and blemishes. In one word: Perfection!
Makeup: Eyes, Brushes and Brows
1. MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow: This has been in my ‘Beauty Wishlist‘ for God knows how long, so when I finally bought it, I wasn’t disappointed. It’s such a gorgeous and multi-purpose eyeshadow; it can be used as a base colour, or to create a lovely smokey-eye look or even just as a colour to add some depth on the crease. I don’t go anywhere without Satin Taupe in my makeup bag :)
2. MAC Constructivist Paint Pot: Very pigmented, looks amazing under Satin Taupe. Another five-star product from MAC!
3. Benefit Brow Zings: My first eyebrow shaping kit and all I can say is that you will never go back to your old eyebrow routine once you try this. For a complete review with photos of the before and after, click HERE.
4. Sigma E25 Blending Brush: I know I’m not the first one to say this, but I’m in love with Sigma brushes!! This has definitely earned it’s place in my makeup kit and it’s not leaving anytime soon.
5. Urban Decay Naked Palette: The most complete eyeshadow palette ever! You can literally just have this in your makeup bag and create daytime and nighttime looks. I’ve used it every single day since I bough it and I’m sure I’ll have to buy the refill pans when I run out of the eyeshadows. My favourite and most reached for colours are Sin, Virgin, Naked, Smog and Buck.
1. John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight: I’m loving this and I have used it so much that I already have to buy a new one. I can’t recommend it enough! It made my hair look visibly straighter and it also keeps it straighter for longer. I’d definitely give it 5 stars.
And that’s the end of my ‘June Favourites’. I hope you guys enjoyed and found it useful.
What do you think I should have included that I missed out? Please leave a little comment below :)