Glasses wearers! I decided to create this look for all of you who, like me, can’t avoid having to wear spectacles every so often (or very often, in my case), but still want to look nice and fashionable.
Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with the geek look, but I personally can’t pull it off, so I do my best to adapt the geek look to my own style. The purpose of this look, then, is to create deliberate distractions to divert the attention away from the glasses.
I started by curling my hair from the ear down. With my hands, I carefully separated the curls from one another and played around with some of the front curls, so as to create the illusion of a side swept fringe. This will give you volume and will draw some of the attention to your hair, rather than to your glasses.
- Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer – Medium (£10 buy it from Boots)
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Foundation – Golden #6 (£5.99 buy it from Boots)
- bareMinerals Tinted Mineral Veil (£17 buy it from Feelunique)
- MAC Blushes – Peaches and Pink Swoon (each £17 buy it from MAC)
- bareMinerals All-Over Face Colour – Warmth (£16.15 buy it from Feelunique)
- Soap & Glory Lid Stuff in What’s Nude – cream and bronze eyeshadows (£10 buy it from Boots)
- MAC Fluidline – Blacktrack (£13.50 buy it from MAC)
- Loreal Extra Volume Colagene Mascara (£9.55 buy it from Feelunique)
- Bourjois Smile Enhancing Gloss – Rose Bright (£8.99 buy it from Boots)
For the makeup, I kept the eye makeup very simple because I’m trying to take the focus away from the eyes. No eyeliner on the bottom lashes, just a little bit of liquid liner along the top lashes. I chose a peachy blush as a base and a pink one on the apples of my cheeks to create this healthy flesh of colour, and a clear lipgloss on the lips.
I love wearing this look to go study in the library, lectures or to work. It’s quick, simple, chic and I feel like I can wear my glasses with confidence :)
What do you think of this look? Do you have any makeup tips for glasses wearers?
Are you doing Blogmas/Vlogmas?
Fancy following me around all the way until Christmas? Head over to ‘Ysis Loves’ (ysisloves.blogspot.com), my lifestyle blog where I’m doing Blogmas! There will be a new blog post every day with lots of fun pics, including the contents of my Advent Calendar’s doors. So make sure to follow me on ysisloves.blogspot.com as well to get all the updates, and send me your links if you’re doing something similar!