Last night I went to the theatre and my chosen outfit was black, gold and brown, so I decided to do my makeup (and nails!) using gold and brown shades.
- MAC Prep + Prime Skin – MAC
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Foundation (Golden #6) – Boots
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Deep #4) – Boots
- MAC Blush (Peaches) – MAC
- MAC Blush (Pink Swoon) – MAC
- Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder – Boots
- MAC Paint Pot (Constructivist) – MAC
- Soap & Glory Lid Stuff in What’s Nude (shimmer shade) – Boots
- Urban Decay Naked Palette Half Baked – House of Fraser
- Soap & Glory Lid Stuff in What’s Nude (dark brown shade) – Boots
- MAC Eyeshadow (Vanilla) – MAC
- Benefit High Beam – Boots
- MAC Fluidline (Blacktrack) – MAC
- MAC Eyeshadow (Carbon) – MAC
- Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner (#261 Noir) – Boots
- Collection 2000 Big Fake Mascara – Boots
- HD Brows (rich brown) – Nouveau Beauty Group
I admit I may try something new every once in a while, but I always go back to the same old brown & gold look. This little combo of colours is my ‘go-to’ look when I want a nice evening makeup, but I don’t want to look too made up!
I started with priming my face, following by foundation and concealer. Because I wanted a dewy finish on my skin, I didn’t powder over the foundation. I applied a peachy blush all over and a pink one on the apples of my cheeks, and contoured the hollows of my cheekbones with a bronzer.
EYES & LIPS
I used the MAC Paint Pot as a primer and as a base to make the brown colour really pop. Then I applied the gold shadow just in the middle of the eye, a dark brown colour on the crease and a champagne shadow on the inner corner to open up the eyes.
I lined my upper lash line with gel eyeliner and my lower lash line with black eyeshadow and pencil liner because I wanted the bottom lashes to have a soft smokey look. I filled in my eyebrows with the lighter brown shade in the HD palette, applied two coats of mascara on my lashes, and that’s the eyes done.
For the lips, I went for a pink lipstick with gold shimmer in it, and layered a shimmery pink lipgloss over it for a glossy finish.
These are the Paris Hilton by Elegant Touch Nails. I’m not normally attracted to products with Paris’ face in it, but I really liked the design of these nails, and they went well with my outfit :)
What do you think of the brown and gold combination? Do you have a go-to makeup look that you can always rely on?
Do tell :)