Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a great New Year’s Eve and I wish you all the best for 2012. Now onto the fun stuff, this year, I went all in with my NYE hair, makeup, nails and outfit. I normally stick to the basics, but always end up regretting not adding a bit of sparkle on the sparkliest day of the year, so I finally did it!I curled my hair from the top of my ears down with my Babyliss Curling Wand. I used 2 inches sections, curling one section at a time, and alternating between a shorter and a longer curl to add more volume and so the curls wouldn’t end up curling around each other. I might do a tutorial on this hairstyle, so let me know if that would be something you’d be interested in seeing here!
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
- Mac Blushes (Peaches and Pink Swoon)
- Soleil Tan de Chanel Moisturizing Bronzing Powder (Terre Épice)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin, Sin, Buck and Hustle)
- NYX Glitter Cream Palette ‘Paradise’ (silver glitter)
- NYX Glitter Cream Palette ‘One Night In Luxy’ (black glitter)
- MAC Fluidline (Blacktrack)
- Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer (Black)
- MAC False Lashes Mascara
- Benefit Brow Zings (darker colour)
- MUA Eyeliner pencil (white)
- MAC Lipstick (Creme de la Femme)
For my makeup, I went for base colours that I’m comfortable with and that I knew would look good. Then, I applied a bit of silver glitter from my new NYX glitter palette in the middle to inner corner of my eyes, and a tiny bit of black glitter in the outer corner. I did have a lot of fall-out from the glitter, so if you have any tips to avoid the fall-out, let me know :) The rest of my makeup I kept really simple, just making sure everything was photo-friendly (i.e. low or no SPF).
For my dress, I wore a one shoulder New Look little black sequin dress that I picked up last week during the sales extravaganza. Unfortunately I didn’t take a full body photo of my dress and I can’t find it on the New Look website anymore, but here is what it looked like when I tried it on for the first time.
It’s much shorter and sparklier than what it looks, and on NYE I wore it without the black tights. It’s a great fit and very slimming! I also liked that it was one shoulder because the temperature was quite mild, so I wasn’t feeling too too indoors.
Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle and Rimmel Matte Finish
Finally, on my nails, I chose Razzle Dazzle, but with a matte finish. I absolutely love how this turned out! In fact, I think I like it more than with the normal glossy finish.
I hope you all had an amazing NYE and I look forward to reading your comments on my choice of wear to the last night of the year! :)