Lately I’ve been getting lots of lovely comments about my makeup, so I thought I would do a little step by step tutorial on how I do my makeup. I chose my quick everyday classic look so everyone can follow and recreate easily. Shall we move on to the tutorial? :)
1. After washing my face with water, I use a makeup remover wipe to get rid of all traces of makeup and dirt that may have accumulated on my skin.
2. I then apply my favourite toning lotion to nourish and freshen up my skin. When I don’t use this toner, I use a face moisturiser, but never both as I feel together they make my skin feel “heavy”.
1. I dispense one pump of liquid foundation on my index finger and spread little dots of foundation all over my face.
2. With my favourite foundation brush, I buff the foundation with circular motions on my skin, making sure the foundation looks almost invisible.
3. I then run my hands through my face smoothening some areas where the product may have accumulated.
1. I draw two lines of concealer under my eyes and around my nose, making sure I have enough product to work with.
2. Next, I swipe the concealer from the inner to the outer corner of my eyes, starting with long motions to spread the products and then I use short and dabbing motions to blend it all in.
3. Then I use a large fluffy brush with nothing on it to get rid of any shine the foundation and concealer may have left.
1. I use a little straight brush to draw where I want my contour line to be. This is usually on the hollows on my cheeks, right underneath the cheekbones.
2. Then I use a small fluffy brush to blend the harsh lines, making sure to keep the product in the area I drew on “1”.
3. Finally I check on a mirror to make sure it looks exactly how I want it.
1. I use my favourite blush brush to apply blush on my cheeks. I swipe the brush up towards my temples, making sure the colour is more intense furthest from the centre of my face.
2. I then remove any excess with my hands or a clean tissue.
1. I like my eyebrows to have a clear shape, but not too sharp. I do have a couple of flaws on the top part of my eyebrows, so I fill in these gaps with a powder that closely matches their natural color. I try to use as little product as possible as I’m not a fan of deep dark brows.
2. Finally I check to make sure both eyebrows match and use a little eyebrow brush to remove any excess.
1. On a daily basis I don’t like to fuss with lots of eyeshadows, so I choose one that adds colour, some shimmer and depth, all in one step. To save time, I apply cream/gel eyeshadows with my fingers. I find the warmth of my fingers also help the colour blend in better.
2. I like to add a bit more product near the lashline because that’s the most visible area when my eyes are open.
1. I use a waterproof eyeliner to line my waterline, starting from the outer corner and bringing it in to the inner corner. As I already have big enough eyes, I don’t bring the line any further down than my waterline.
2. I like to keep the colour deeper on the outer corner to create a more relaxed look.
1. For practical reasons, I chose a mascara that separates the lashes and adds volume at the same time. I use long strokes bringing the wand from the bottom to the top. I find that minimises clumpiness.
2. Usually one coat is enough, but if I’m still not happy, I’ll apply a second coat after the first coat is completely dry. I use a clear mascara wand to separate the outer lashes which usually clump up together.
Last but not least, I choose a lipstick that goes with the overall look. For this particular look I went for a pale pink lipstick with a subtle shine because that goes with pretty much every makeup look. And that’s about it! I tried to make it as detailed as possible so you recreate it easily. I hope this was useful!
What do you think? Let me know if you’d like to see more of these types of posts! :)
Products I used:
Benefit Moisture Prep Toning Lotion (link)
Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation in Toasted Beige (link)
YSL Touche Eclat in #3 (link)
Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder (link)
MAC Blush in Pinch O’ Peach (link)
Benefit Brow Zings in Bronzing Dark (link)
Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze (link)
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir (link)
Maybelline The Falsies in Black (link)
MAC Lipstick in Politely Pink (link)