I’ve been relying on ‘The Dream Team’ for quite a while now; it suits any day, any occasion, any weather, so it’s pretty foul proof. This is a full makeup base routine, which prepares my skin for any makeup look. I shall introduce you to The Dream Team…
Eucerin Even Brighter Day Cream
- SPF 30 and UVA protection
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tones
- B-Resorcinol: decreases melanin production
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid: stimulates the skin’s own damage repair process
- Non-greasy, but thick in consistency
- Suitable to all skin types
How I use it: I apply it to clean face, blending all over my face, neck and chest, using circular motions. Then I leave it to dry for 5 to 10 minutes before applying any makeup.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
- No SPF
- Light to medium coverage
- Natural finish; blends seamlessly into the skin
- Gel consistency
- Vitamin-rich formula, contains lychee, goji and pomegranate
- Instant anti-fatigue effect
- Lasts up to 16 hours
- Available in 6 shades – 51, 52, 53, 55, 56 and 58 (for reference, I’m shade 53)
How I use it: I dispense one pump onto the back of my hand, and using a flat foundation brush I apply a light layer all over my face, avoiding the hair-line and extremely dry areas of my face. Then I smooth everything over with my fingers, blending the foundation towards my hair-line; I find this to be the best way to tailor the coverage I need in different areas of my face.
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
- Medium to full coverage
- Natural matte finish
- Lightweight and creamy
- Lasts up to 15 hours
- It doesn’t crease throughout the day
- Conceals under eye circles and corrects discolorations
- Most suitable for oily, combination, normal and dry skin; very dry skin, beware as this might look cakey.
- Available in 15 shades: For spots and discolorations (yellow undertones): NC15 NC20, NC30, NC35, NC42, NC45, NC50; For under eye circles (pink undertones): NW15, NW20, NW25, NW30, NW35, NW40, NW45, NW50. (For reference, I’m shade NW20 (under eye circles)
How I use it: I dispense a very small pump on the back of my hand, and using my ring finger I dot the concealer around my under eye area. Then, with my ring finger I lightly dab the product, until it blends seamlessly into the skin.
MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer
- Full coverage
- Matte finish
- Creamy and thick in consistency, feels like a paste on the skin and dries almost instantly
- Water resistant
- Targeted at concealing blemishes and evening out skin tone.
- For reference, I’m shade NC30
- This concealer has been discontinued
How I use it: With my index finger I apply a small amount of the concealer wherever I need a bit of extra coverage and on spots, making sure it blends well with my foundation.
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder
- Low coverage
- Matte finish
- Natural finish
- Suitable for dry skin
- Available in 10 shades: Light, Light Plus, Medium, Medium Dark, Medium Deep, Medium Plus, Dark, Dark Deep, Give Me Sun, Sun Power. (For reference, I’m shade Medium/Medium Dark).
How I use it: With a small blending brush, I set the concealer under my eyes. Then with a fluffy powder brush, I lightly set the rest of my makeup concentrating on my cheeks and forehead.
Now you’ve been properly acquainted with my current base. The only item I change sometimes is foundation; because the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is low to medium coverage, whenever I’m going to an event or any special occasion, I choose a foundation with a higher coverage. Other than that, everything has stayed pretty much the same.
Now it’s your turn to introduce me to your Dream Team! :)Products mentioned – Eucerin Even Brighter Day Cream, £22.50 (HERE) – Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation, £10.99 (HERE) – MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, £14.50 (HERE) – MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (discontinued) – MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder, £21 (HERE)