Ready for Part 2 of my Oscars Red Carpet extravaganza? :) If you missed Part 1, click here to read all about the Fashion at the Oscars 2014 Red Carpet. As a beauty blogger, I take a lot of inspiration from the Red Carpet hair & makeup trends; of course, only in my dreams could I pull off some of the looks the celebs choose, but still, most of the hair & makeup at the Red Carpet is doable and wearable. Every year I divide them into categories: the disasters, the adventurous, the nudes, the smokeys and the red lipped. If someone didn’t make the cut, don’t take it personally – it wasn’t you, it was the lack of high-resolution images of you, dear! Don’t forget to check out my dedicated Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Pinterest board for more pictures. Now let’s have a little look at the all important pics! :)
Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Hair & Makeup Trends
- Lash Out: This was the Oscars of the false lashes! As far as I can tell, every single woman was wearing some kind of fake lashes, even if it just a couple of individual lashes at the outer corner to add a flirty vibe to the look. The ones with the most envious lashes in my opinion were Jenna Dewan, Cate Blanchett & Angelina Jolie.
- Pixie Fever: I was surprised to see the amount of A-list celebs that have adopted the super short hair look – it’s a trend, people; prepare your scissors! I personally wouldn’t suit a pixie cut, but I thought Anne Hathaway, Charlize Theron & Jennifer Lawrence absolutely nailed it. They looked as stunning as ever!
- All About Nude: If you’re going to bet on any makeup trends for the Red Carpet, bet on nude lips. It never fails! This year was no different, and many celebrities opted for peach, pink & brown nudes. My favourites were Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Garner & Cate Blanchett.
- Smile & Wave: Soft & bouncy and very defined waves made a strong appearance at the Oscars this year. I love this trend! I think it looks chic, sexy and very Red Carpet-ish! The ones with the most gorgeous wavy locks in my opinion were Margot Robbie, Kate Hudson, & Cate Blanchett.
- The Bolder The Better: It’s absolutely guaranteed that a handful of ladies will sport the red lip or the super bright lip look. This year, however, we saw a wider range of dark lip shades on the Red Carpet. I think Margot Robbie, Kerry Washington & Emma Watson wore it best.
To see more pictures, go to my Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Pinterst board. Now it’s your turn to vote! Which 3 had the best hair & makeup in your opinion? My top 3 for makeup are Angelina Jolie, Cate Blanchett & Kate Hudson, and for hair, my top 3 are Maria Menounos, Margot Robbie & Kate Hudson. If you can’t tell it by now, my overall favourites were Kate Hudson, Maria Menounos & Cate Blanchett.
Thank you for sticking with me through this Oscar Red Carpet madness! I’ve put more hours into these 2 blog posts than I care to admit. I hope you guys liked it :)
Did you like this post? Read similar ones:
The Oscars 2014: Red Carpet Fashion
Golden Globes 2013: Red Carpet Favourites!
Red Carpet Makeup: Angelina Jolie Golden Globes 2012
Celebrity Style: Blake Lively Hair Tutorial
Celebrity style: Headbands