Every year, without fail, the Oscars Red Carpet is the highlight event of the Awards Season. Despite the stormy and unpredictable weather in Hollywood, this year was no different! At around 10.30pm GMT, one by one, the glitzy and glamorous celebrities started to make their way down the Red Carpet. I was a little bit over excited for the Oscars this year, so my ‘coverage’ via my dedicated Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Pinterest board (oh yes, I did!) started way earlier. I was live-Pinteresting the Red Carpet appearances, scouring the web for high-resolution pictures & designer details, with my eyes between the computer screen and the TV. So here are all of the ladies Red Carpet outfits that I could find online; if you’re more into hair & makeup, come back tomorrow to see the beauty-ful looks! Shall we see them? :)
Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Fashion Trends
- Embelish Away: Embellished garments were definitely in abundance this year. My favourites were Jenna Dewan, Cate Blanchett & Maria Menounos.
- Cinch That Waist: Pretty much all the girls were wearing dresses fitted at the waist, with the exception of one or two and the gorgeous pregnant ladies, for obvious reasons! The ones with the best fits in my opinion were Lady Gaga, Kate Hudson & Sandra Bullock.
- Shimmer & Shine: Metallics was one of the hottest trends for the Oscars this year, and we saw a fair few gorgeous shiny frocks! My faves were Kate Hudson, Emma Watson & Angelina Jolie.
- McDreamy: The easiest trend to spot this year was the soft, pastel, angelic colours on the Red Carpet. It was almost like Spring had arrived early, and some of the celebs literally looked like pretty angels! I think the cutest ones were Indina Menzel (pale dress), Laura Dern & Calista Flockhart.
- Blacked Out: A bold choice for the Red Carpet, but it certainly tickled the fancy of many A-list celebs this year. The absolute stunners in my opinion were Olivia Wilde, Charlize Theron & Glenn Close.
To see more pictures, go to my Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Pinterst board. Now it’s your turn to vote! Who were the three best dressed in your opinion? My top 3 were Cate Blanchett, Maria Menounos & Sandra Bullock!
I’ll see you all tomorrow with the Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Beauty!