Packing for Baby: Spring Holiday (Full Packing List)

Packing for Baby: Spring Holiday (FULL PACKING LIST) -

Packing for baby takes a lot of preparation; I find it ten times harder than packing for myself, but having travelled quite a few times on weekends away with Baby James, I feel like I’ve kind of nailed this whole packing for baby business. Kind of.

The amount of stuff babies need is unreal! Not to mention the things that they don’t need but may need, the emergency extras, the spares for the emergency extras, the cute stuff that’s very impractical but you can’t bring yourself to leave behind, and stuff that you will inevitably forget to pack, even if you set a million alarms to remind yourself – damn you, travel cot mattress!

We’re going away on a family holiday here in the UK, and Spring is a great time to travel in the UK; it’s not too hot, not too cold, and we generally get some lovely fresh sunny days, which is a bonus.

So I thought I would give you a little glimpse into the mission that is packing for James. It honestly takes 2-3 days to get everything washed, dried, re-stocked and ready to go. Why didn’t anyone tell me this before I had a baby?!

On the video below you can see me packing 90% of the things James will need for our week away in Cornwall, and the other 10% that was not featured, managed to arrive in the nick of time, the day before we had to leave – thanks, Tesco! Press the play button or click here to watch the video, then come back to the blog to see our full packing list.

[youtube=] There are always a few last minute things that we end up picking up around the house, and the stuff that can’t be packed until we’re ready to leave, so in addition to the Clothes Bag, Sleeping Bag and Feeding Bag, we also have a Car Bag (for the stuff we’ll use in the car journey), a Changing Bag (with basics and essentials) and a Last Minute Bag (with… well, the name says it all, really).

So here’s my packing list for our Spring week away with Baby James. If you find it useful, do let me know and comment below telling me what other kinds of lists you would like me share. Don’t forget to give the video a thumbs up if you enjoyed it, and subscribe to my YouTube channel (it’s free!) so you don’t miss any of my videos.




  • 8 sleepsuits
  • 10 long sleeve bodysuits
  • 3 short sleeve bodysuits
  • 3 pyjamas
  • 8 trousers
  • 8 jumpers
  • 1 cardigan
  • 4 tops
  • 3 dungarees
  • 8 pairs of socks
  • 3 hats
  • 1 scarf
  • 2 pairs of mitts
  • 1 waterproof coat
  • 1 fleece coat
  • 2 towels
  • 5 muslins
  • 2 bibs


  • 40 nappies
  • 50 nappy bags
  • 1 bepanthen
  • 3 packs of waterwipes
  • 2 packs of cotton wool pads
  • 1 changing mat


  • 24 bottles of ready made formula
  • 4 ready made bottles with teats (emergency)
  • 6 feeding bottles
  • 1 travel steriliser (or big one if space)
  • 16 baby food meal pouches (+4 extras for emergency)
  • 8 baby food fruit pouches (+ 4 extras for emergency)
  • 1 loaf of bread
  • 1 cereal box
  • 1 pack of biscuits
  • fruits & snacks (grapes, pears, kiwis, apples, cheese)
  • 6 spoons
  • 6 bowls
  • 5 plastic bibs
  • 1 sippy cup
  • 1 travel steriliser
  • 1 lunch bag
  • 1 dummy steriliser
  • 1 hand blender


  • 1 bath wash
  • 1 bath mat
  • 2 baby lotions
  • bath toys
  • bath thermometer
  • grooming kit
  • toothbrush and toothpaste


  • bumbo seat or travel high chair
  • toys
  • blanket or play mat


  • 1 teething gel
  • 1 saline spray
  • 1 calpol
  • 1 calpofren
  • plasters


  • 1 travel cot
  • 1 travel cot mattress
  • 1 travel cot mattress sheet
  • 5 blankets
  • teddies
  • baby monitor
  • 6 dummies
  • 4 books
  • 1 pair of travel blinds

For car

  • 1 buggy
  • 2 sun shades for car windows
  • iPad
  • 3 bottles of ready made formula
  • 3 sterilised feeding bottles
  • fruit snacks
  • 2 baby food meal pouches
  • 2 baby food fruit pouches
  • 1 bowl and spoon
  • 1 plastic bib
  • 1 sippy cup
  • 1 change of clothes
  • 2 toys
  • 1 blanket
  • 2 muslins
  • 2 dummies

Where To Find Me

YouTube | Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Receive all my new posts & videos for FREE via email!

Want some inbox love? get notified when there are new posts!

One Comment

  • katey0787

    Wow, that is a lot of stuff! We went away when James was 5 months (just before weaning) and it wasn’t anywhere near as much. We’re going away to The Canaries at some point this year, but hopefully we can get most things over there. Enjoy your holiday! Looking forward to seeing pictures xx

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.